ISSA Announces New Government Affairs Advisory Committee
ISSA is pleased to announce the establishment of the ISSA Government Affairs Advisory Committee (GAAC). This newly formed committee is part of ISSA’s continued investment and expansion of its advocacy efforts. The GAAC and its members will play a critical role in advocating on key legislative and regulatory issues impacting the cleaning industry.
Specifically, the GAAC will help guide and recommend actions that ISSA can take to protect, support, and advance the specific interests of the association’s members and of the entire cleaning industry. This includes issue identification and prioritization, development and promulgation of policy positions, execution and/or support of advocacy activities, help designing and promoting advocacy events, assistance expanding the ISSA Advocacy Fund, and other key government affairs-related items.
ISSA congratulates and thanks the following 10 individuals from ISSA-member companies for their important service to the cleaning industry as inaugural GAAC members:
- Tom Friedl, president and CEO, Hospeco (GAAC Chairperson)
- Lani Binnie, legal counsel, The Cleaning Authority
- Ailene Grego, president and CEO, SouthEast LINK
- Phillip Harper, CEO, WellNest LLC
- Sean Keefer, director of state and local government affairs, Ecolab Inc.
- David E. Monroe Jr., vice president and general manager for the Washington, D.C. , metropolitan area, Pritchard Industries Inc.
- Sarah Faye Pierce, director of North America government relations, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Monica Saviano, director of marketing and sales operations, NETWORK®
- Julien Seret, vice president of global product, SoftBank Robotics
- Veronica Vidal-Napier, CEO, Custom Cleaning and Management Services.
“Each member of ISSA’s Government Affairs Advisory Committee brings a wealth of industry knowledge and experience and, collectively, they represent a cross-section of our membership in terms of business size, location, and type of business and products,” said ISSA Director of Government Affairs John Nothdurft. “Our Government Affairs team is excited to welcome them to this new advisory body and we look forward to working with them to advance the full spectrum of the cleaning industry.”