Hotel Guests Rank Clean Bed as Top Priority
Survey finds hotel patrons value hygiene over location and service
When it comes to getting a good night’s sleep, a survey conducted by Procter & Gamble Professional found clean bed sheets and a fresh-smelling bed is most important to hotel guests, Cleaning Hygiene Today reports.
The survey of 2,000 British hotel patrons found that 78% sleep better in a clean room and 84% would not visit the hotel again if their room was dirty. Most (71%) would walk out of a hotel if they found dirty sheets on the bed, and 69% would not tolerate a dirty bathroom. Almost all the survey respondents (97%) are disturbed by evidence of previous guests in their room, with 66% reporting they don’t want to see a stranger’s hair in their room’s shower.
When checking hotel reviews online, 78% said cleanliness was the most important factor they considered when booking a hotel room, with location being the second priority (64%) and service coming in third (56%).
Survey respondents chose the following qualities as most important when choosing a hotel room:
- A fresh-smelling bedroom (67%)
- An immaculate bathroom (63%)
- Fresh-smelling bed linen (61%)
- No stray hairs in the bedroom or bathroom (45%)
- Bright, white sheets (43%)
- No dirty ring around the bathtub (42%)
- Comfortable room temperature (39%)
- Natural light (37%)
- A decent sized of bed (36%)
- A lovely view from the window (28%)