In order to assist the cleaning industry with preventing the spread of COVID-19, also known as 2019-nCoV or saRS-CoV-2, ISSA has compiled a collection of helpful resources, including featured content, articles, news, and videos.
In addition, be sure to visit the Cleaning Industry Coronavirus Resource Page at www.issa.com/coronavirus. This special online resource is continuously updated by ISSA as the worldwide cleaning association continues to monitor the battle against the deadly COVID-19 outbreak.
- Facing the Next Pandemic
Pandemic: An infectious disease outbreak with global implications. Are you ready for it?
- Tip Sheet #1: PPE Tips for Cleaning Professionals
Important technical information on personal protective equipment (PPE) for cleaning professionals to use in their battle preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
- Tip Sheet #2: Risk Assessment for Battling the Coronavirus
Use these steps when preparing to clean, sanitize, and disinfect any space during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Tip Sheet #3: Recommendations for the Proper Use of Disinfectants
Advice for cleaning and restoration professionals on using disinfectants in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- How Training Protects Against the Coronavirus
Cleaning professionals are the front-line soldiers against what is now a global health emergency.
- Prepare to Prevent: A 3-Part Approach for Facility Managers Amid Concern over Covid-19
Proactive steps to help prevent the spread of germs in facilities
- Infection Prevention Innovations for Facility Managers
Two advances that are helping facility managers clean and disinfect with more efficacy than ever before
- Q&A: The Superbug Era
Surface cleaning and hygiene go hand-in-hand in stopping the spread of antibiotic-resistant pathogens
- Four Secrets of Successful Infection Prevention Programs
A solid plan and execution are keys to preventing infectious issues, such as the coronavirus, from spreading.
- US Taking Steps to Counteract Coronavirus Outbreak
Government requests $2 billion in funding, sets up task force
- Ship, Planes, Undergoing Thorough Cleanings to Kill Coronavirus
A look at infection control protocols for ships and planes used for quarantine
- As Focus Remains on Coronavirus, Influenza Continues Its Deadly Season
Despite new study on contagiousness of COVID-19, you are more likely to get the flu
- Money Laundering Is Not Just for Criminals
China literally cleaning cash to stop spread of coronavirus.
- Continue to Follow Commonsense Precautions
The death toll is rising dramatically, and cleaning professionals need this information to use in their work.
- Reuters Journalists Value Infectious Disease Prevention Measures
This logs the fifth global Global BioRisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, infectious disease hostile environment training event for the international news organization.
- GBAC Prepares for Microbial Warfare
Dr. Gavin Macgregor-Skinner of GBAC discusses how to fight dangerous bacteria, viruses, and pathogens with a systems approach to cleaning.
- Infection Prevention: A Good Clean Fight
In the battle against infectious diseases, cleaning is a frontline defense. Learn how you can get in the fight.