More Facilities Pursue GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation
From Los Angeles to New Orleans, several convention centers and lodging facilities across the United States have recently secured GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC), a Division of ISSA.
GBAC STAR’s 20-step, performance-based program is designed to help facilities of all sizes establish and maintain an effective system of cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention.
Recently accredited facilities include:
- Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California
- Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles
- Malibu Beach Inn Hotel & Spa in Malibu, California
- New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans
- Palm Beach County Convention Center in Palm Beach, Florida
- Peak 8 Properties in Breckenridge, Colorado
- San Diego Convention Center in San Diego
- The Westin Galleria Dallas in Dallas.
Palm Beach County Convention Center and The Westin Galleria Dallas pursued their accreditation through their respective destinations’ (Discover the Palm Beaches and Visit Dallas) support of GBAC STAR. Discover the Palm Beaches has committed to pursuing GBAC STAR for a wide range of its hospitality businesses in Palm Beach County, Florida. Visit Dallas has teamed up with the Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District to implement and fund the GBAC STAR accreditation effort for its member hotels, plus select city-owned venues.
In addition to these newly accredited facilities, American Airlines announced its commitment to achieving GBAC STAR accreditation, making it the first airline to commit to the program. By the end of 2020, American Airlines expects to receive full accreditation for its entire fleet and lounges.
More than 2,400 facilities around the globe have committed to earning GBAC STAR accreditation, and 14 have so far achieved accreditation.
For more information, visit www.gbac.org.