Facilities Nationwide Earn GBAC STAR Accreditation
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, today announced a new round of facilities that have achieved GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation. As the industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR validates a facility’s preparedness for biorisk situations like the novel coronavirus. To date, facilities of all sizes in more than 64 countries are working toward formal accreditation.
Newly accredited facilities include:
- California Theatre in San Jose, Calif.
- Center for the Performing Arts in San Jose, Calif.
- Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati
- The Hay Adams Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Hobby Center for the Performing Arts in Houston
- Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland in Cleveland
- The Lowell Hotel in New York City
- Mercury Chophouse Arlington in Arlington, Texas
- Montgomery Theater in San Jose, Calif.
- Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn.
- San Jose Civic in San Jose, Calif.
- San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif.
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel in San Diego
GBAC STAR is designed for facilities of all types, from hotels and stadiums to restaurants, schools, and more. To review a full list of GBAC STAR accredited facilities, committed facilities, and industry supporters, visit https://gbac.issa.com/gbac-star-facilities-and-supporters/.
To apply for GBAC STAR facility accreditation, visit gbac.org. And tune into an episode of GBAC STAR: The Experience interview series to hear from Mark Tester, executive director of the Orange County Convention Center, about the advantages of obtaining the GBAC STAR accreditation.