Advocacy Weekly Recap—January 20, 2020
Roundup of the latest public policy issues impacting the cleaning industry
Welcome to the ISSA Advocacy Weekly Recap, our regular roundup of the latest public policy issues impacting the cleaning industry. This week’s recap touches on passage of USMCA, the Clean Advocacy Summit, signing of the US-China “Phase One” trade agreement, and more.
ISSA Praises U.S. Senate for Passing USMCA
On January 16, the U.S. Senate voted 89-10 to approve the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). The trade deal with Canada and Mexico is a bipartisan update of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) from 1994. U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign the bill and then, once Canada approves the agreement, it will go into effect. “Passage of USMCA is extremely important to manufacturers and distributors of cleaning chemicals, products, and equipment,” said John Nothdurft, director of government affairs for ISSA. “The updated trade agreement with our two largest trading partners is critical to the cleaning industry. Similarly, cleaning service providers, their employees, and consumers will see benefits by having access to a wide array of cleaning product choices, more affordably. ISSA, on behalf of its more than 9,200 members, would like to thank the U.S. Congress for passing USMCA.”
Five Reasons Why You Should Attend ISSA’s Inaugural Clean Advocacy Summit
Not sure if you should attend ISSA’s inaugural Clean Advocacy Summit, March 25-26, 2020 in Washington, D.C.? Here are five reasons why you don’t want to miss this important event:
- Be the face and voice of the cleaning industry during this momentous time in Washington and across the nation.
- Get ahead of the legislative and regulatory curve.
- Learn more about, network with, and advance the full spectrum of the cleaning industry.
- Participating in our democratic process is one of the most exciting and fulfilling endeavors you can do for your profession.
- Attending the summit is the perfect way to recognize and celebrate National Cleaning Week, March 22-28.
Register today as space is limited for this exclusive event!