The ISSA Innovation Showcase was the site of awards, champagne, and even a celebrity on the final day of ISSA/INTERCLEAN® North America 2017 Trade Show and Convention in Las Vegas, NV.
The three-day showcase culminated with an award ceremony on Thursday, September 14, recognizing the cleaning industry’s most innovative products and services. Entries were organized into five categories and were voted on by cleaning-industry distributors, building service contractors, in-house service providers, and residential cleaners. Other ISSA Innovation Award winners were announced prior to the culminating ceremony and across a variety of categories throughout the course of ISSA/INTERCLEAN.
The winners of the ISSA Innovation Category received their awards Monday, September 11, during the ISSA Lunch and Learn session at ISSA/INTERCLEAN. Category awards were the result of online voting that took place the two months prior to the event. One winner from each category took home the illuminated trophy:
- Cleaning Agents: Stone Floor Protection System by 3M Commercial Solutions Division
- Dispensers: enMotion® Flex Paper Towel System by GP PRO
- Equipment: Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Services and Technology: Business Intelligence Software by CleanTelligent Software
- Supplies and Accessories: Self-Cleaning Surfaces for Travel and Hospitality by NanoTouch Materials.
Visitors’ Choice Awards
On-site voting at the ISSA Innovation Showcase enabled show attendees to view the products in person and cast votes for the Visitors’ Choice awards. Unlike the Category awards, the top five innovations won Visitors’ Choice, regardless of category. These award winners were announced September 14 at the conclusion of ISSA/INTERCLEAN, just before the closing keynote:
- i-mop XXL by i-team Global
- Robotic Vacuum by Makita USA
- Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Spill Mop by Rubbermaid Commercial Products
- Clorox® Total 360™ System by Clorox Professional Products Company.
Innovation of the Year Award
Keynote speaker Howie Mandel, entertainer and TV host, presented the Visitors’ Choice and Innovation of the Year awards. The latter award—again the Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company—was selected by combining the online and on-site voting results with scores submitted by a panel of judges made up of industry experts, media, and ISSA member representatives.
Toasting the Winners
“Congratulations to all for bringing such wonderful products to market,” ISSA Executive Director John Barrett said. “Your ideas continue to move the cleaning industry forward.”