Sustainable Cleaning for Educational Facilities
This one-day specialty course will provide detailed technical information, hands-on practice and discussion regarding sustainable, green procedures and the chemicals and equipment used to clean, maintain and restore all common surfaces and areas found in schools, colleges and universities. Although the program will focus on educational facilities, the information presented will be applicable to all types of commercial buildings.
Emphasis will be on sustainable cleaning for health, along with operational improvements to increase productivity and quality of service. Activities will focus on effective operational procedures and management techniques. The course will cover how to plan and schedule workflow, high-speed equipment and supplies, sustainable procedures, developing quality assurance guidelines and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders.
The instructor will cover the proper procedures needed to provide quality service when cleaning classrooms, restrooms, floors, carpets and other critical areas found in schools, colleges and universities. The latest developments in equipment, processes, chemicals, infection control and green cleaning will be taught along with how to obtain better cooperation and support from instructional staffs, students and administrators. During the program, participants will develop or enhance a sustainable, green cleaning plan for their facility that emphasizes increased productivity and service quality.
- Defining sustainable, healthy and high-performance cleaning
- Implementing sustainable programs that reduce cross-contamination and employ high productivity methods
- Developing and implementing green procedures and standards
- Developing an effective and healthy restroom cleaning program
- High-performance green floor care, including hands-on practice with burnishing, scrubbing/stripping and finishing hard surface floors
- High-performance green carpet care.
- Hands-on spot removal and cleaning carpeting
- Developing and maintaining a quality control program
- Developing and implementing a continuous process improvement program
- Implementing effective management controls
- Gaining team cooperation to adopt change
- Industry resources
- Review, discussion and answers to questions.