View Cart (0 items)
Safety And Security

Woman hospitalized from cleaning fumes

May 21, 2012
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ — A 22-year-old female was taken to Community Medical Center after being overcome by cleaning supply fumes, according to the Asbury Park Press.

A spokesman from the Seaside Height Police Department said the woman complained of having difficulty breathing and was transported to the area hospital for evaluation, the article stated.

According to the article, the fire department was called in to ventilate the affected area.

"The house was filled with fumes, but it was mostly in the bathroom area where she was cleaning. It''s my understanding that she was using a mixture of three cleaning products," said Assistant Chief Billy Rumbolo.

Click here to read the complete article.

Editor''s note: We do not usually cover residential happenings in the CM e-News Daily, but this story serves as a reminder that chemicals should never be mixed with one another. Cleaning chemicals can be diluted, and that can only be done with water. To avoid possible confusion or injury, it is a good practice to refrain from using the word mix at all, saying dilute in all instances instead.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.