- Understanding how the units are cleaned and maintained, 67 percent
- Understanding how much the cylinders or traps used in most no-water systems cost, 26 percent
- Knowing if users will accept no-water urinals, 5 percent
- Realizing how much water they will save with a waterless urinal, 2 percent
On some social media websites where the poll was posted, a number of people also expressed their thoughts about no-water urinal systems. For instance, these were some of their comments:
- We had IAQ complaints from these units.
- They work and have saved us a lot of water.
It is important to make sure the custodial crew knows how to clean them.I''ve never seen one; how do they work?"Managers and [building] owners typically select waterless urinals because they want to cut down on maintenance and save water," says Reichardt. "Although they are easy to maintain, some cleaning personnel may not [be] properly trained on how this is performed. Possibly manufacturers must work harder educating custodial workers on the proper care and maintenance of no-water urinals."About Waterless
Waterless Co. Inc. has established a reputation as an innovative manufacturer, serving the building, plumbing and janitorial industry for over 18 years. Based in Vista, California, Waterless Co. offers quality, innovation and expertise in water conservation and high efficiency products for building owners with a full line of Waterless No-Flush urinals, cleaning liquids, and cost saving accessories.