Tornado Industries, manufacturers of professional cleaning equipment, has prepared the following Top 10 Ways BSCs Can Cut Costs when it comes to selecting cleaning tools, equipment, and methods.
There is also an 11th suggestion thrown in that is a bit different from the others. But this tip might just be the most important one of all.
Tornado’s top 10 ways BSCs can cut overhead costs are:
1. Use low-moisture floor scrubbers and carpet extractors to cut costs on chemicals and reduce environmental waste
2. Select ride-on and walk-behind floor machines and automatic scrubbers that increase worker productivity
3. Purchase cleaning chemicals and supplies in large quantities to take advantage of volume discounts
4. Use auto-dispensing systems to better regulate chemical usage
5. Purchase a dual-surface cleaning machine that can clean both hard and soft floors
6. Use 30-inch wide vacuum cleaners for large open spaces to vacuum as much as 10,000 square feet per hour
7. Arrange cleaning routes so that clients’ facilities are serviced by geographic areas
8. Select “Green” cleaning equipment; Green cleaning equipment is often of better quality than conventional machines—lasting longer and helping to reduce overall cost of ownership
9. Select cylindrical floor machines; the brushes last up to 100 times longer than rotary pads
10. Evaluate different cleaning systems, such as specialist cleaning, Day Cleaning, or skip cleaning, which may prove faster than conventional cleaning systems.
And the final suggestion, “Be flexible,” says Michael Schaffer, president of Tornado Industries. “Work with your customers during this time of economic stress to build future customer loyalty and solidify the business relationship.”