View Cart (0 items)

Management And Training

Online Exclusive

Listening To Employee Feedback

The best leaders and most competent managers thrive on information from their workers.

The trust and feedback a manager creates could make the difference in his or her career.

Read More
March 2014 A Clean Sweep

A Look Back With Bill Griffin

Very little is the same today as it was 50 years ago.

As Cleaning & Maintenance Management celebrates its 50th anniversary, we thought we would take a look back at the influential people who have helped shape our magazine and industry.

Read More
March 2014 Bidding & Estimating

Emerging Trends That Will Impact Bidding

Adapt to the challenges of tomorrow or risk being marginalized to the point that you can no longer compete.

I’ve been soaking up a lot of information recently. I’ll summarize what I’ve learned and how I believe the following emerging trends will impact you and the cleaning industry.

Read More
Online Exclusive

Solving A Janitorial Payroll Problem

If you make this one change, your employees will love you.

Building service companies that survey employees and make changes can exceed employee expectations.

Read More
Online Exclusive

A Team Approach To A Crisis Response

Planning out a proper response that includes employee and leadership cooperation.

Decisions are best when informed by trusted advisers and implemented by capable people.

Read More
Online Exclusive

Finding The Best Cleaning Apps

Tablet and phone applications made for today’s mobile cleaning managers.

For cleaning professionals, there are numerous apps available that can make portable electronics potent tools of productivity.

Read More
Online Exclusive

A Better Way To Deliver Bad News

Following a simple formula can make all the difference.

Even distinguished leaders and successful people will go to great lengths to avoid delivering bad news.

Read More
February 2014 Raising Standards

Don’t Let Finances Impact Cleaning Quality

While many organizations are feeling the squeeze, there are management strategies that can help.

Regardless of the strategy, cleaning managers must have the right data and expertise to manage their changing workload with the best results — a clean, healthy indoor environment.

Read More
February 2014 Contractor Success

Fewer Characters, But A Bigger Role To Play

The idea that the role of the facility maintenance distributor has been marginalized is far from accurate.

Many facility maintenance distributors first began to notice that their industry was changing some time during the early 1990s.

Read More
Online Exclusive

Seven Tips To Make Accountability Stick, part 2

If you and your employees have been lax about core values, it could have a lasting effect on your company.

If employees are not held accountable for little things, it can eventually lead to bigger, more damaging sins.

Read More