View Cart (0 items)

Infection Control

Not Your Mother's Hand Sanitizer

September 19, 2010
For years, the health care industry — along with government, municipal and corporate professionals — has been indoctrinated with the notion that alcohol gels and rubs are the "recommended" hand
Read More

Measuring Green Cleaning

September 19, 2010
For years, we''ve heard cleaning professionals say, "I would use ''green'' cleaners — I''d even be willing to pay a bit more for them — but the performance just isn''t
Read More

April Fools

September 19, 2010
More so as of late, I have found myself observing the hygiene habits of individuals while out in public. Included in my areas of observation are restaurants, bars, restrooms, office
Read More

A Focus On Outbreak Control

September 19, 2010
As with all of our CM/Spotlight issues, we dissect a viral issue that plagues our industry. Something on top of many minds is controlling the spread of harmful germs and
Read More

Cruising For Health

September 19, 2010
When it comes to hygienic cleaning, we must recognize that there are many components along with two cleaning "modes" or procedures that must be followed. The first is routine cleaning.
Read More

To sanitize or disinfect, that is the question

September 19, 2010
Ever increasing concerns about bacteria, cross-contamination, and infectious diseases like MRSA, norovirus and C. difficile have led manufacturers to develop sanitizers and disinfectants with broader kill claims that have less
Read More

What custodial workers should know about hand hygiene

September 19, 2010
All cleaning workers have one thing in common: They run the risk of being exposed to biological hazards that can include disease-causing pathogens. These hazards obviously have the potential to
Read More

Cleanliness In U.S. Hospitals

September 19, 2010
Editor’s note: The following letter to the editor is in response to a previous letter published in the November issue of CM/Cleaning & Maintenance Management®. In the letter, the
Read More

Balancing green with clean

September 19, 2010
“The mathematics of uncontrolled growth are frightening. A single cell of the bacterium E. coli would, under ideal circumstances, divide every 20 minutes. That is not particularly disturbing until you
Read More