A month ago, Yerardi was in the school cafeteria when students drew his attention to second-grader Jack McCarthy who was choking on food and couldn''t breathe, the article stated.
According to the article, Yerardi performed the Heimlich maneuver and McCarthy spit out the potato chip that was blocking his airway.
"I was a little shook up myself. I was just nervous. I thought if something would have happened to McCarthy, I wouldn''t know what to do," said Yerardi.
Luckily for McCarthy, a few years ago Yerardi took choke prevention classes from Cathy Vieria, the school nurse, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.