WATERVILLE, ME — After a punctured bottle of cleaner sickened a janitor, the Waterville Senior High School was evacuated for about two hours, according to the Morning Sentinel.
About a dozen school employees stood and waited outside the school as the Waterville Fire-Rescue squad cleaned up the spilled chemical and Jeff Clark sought treatment from paramedics, the story stated.
The cleaning fluid, which produced noxious fumes, consisted of a mix of ammonia and ethanol, the story noted.
Danny Carpenter, a janitor at Waterville Senior High School, said: "It''s stuff we no longer use. We''ve gone to green cleaners. We didn''t even think we had it anymore."
An elevator repairman working at the school discovered the leaking cleaning chemical and doused it with water before calling 911, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.