EVANSTON, IL — Health officials are reporting that the 60 elderly residents of a Chicago retirement community were sick with norovirus, according to HULIQ.
The problem with norovirus is that it can run rampant in close spaces, such as those that might be found in a retirement community where one resident lives close to the next, the article stated.
According to the article, health officials are recommending that residents where such viruses are found should wash surfaces, clothing and even furniture as often as possible and that those who may be sick not prepare food.
The North Shore Hotel, the retirement community where the outbreak occurred, has hired another cleaning crew to disinfect the facility, the article noted.
The health department officials have begun taking samples from other north suburban areas to find other contaminated areas, the article added.
Click here to read the complete article.