BLUE ISLAND, IL — Nearly two dozen students and 10 adults were taken to local hospitals because of hazardous materials, according to the Chicago Tribune.
An intermediate school was evacuated Thursday and, as a precaution, students were taken to seven nearby hospitals by ambulance, the article noted.
According to Mayor Don Peloquin, a janitor mixed bleach with drain cleaner and was overcome by fumes.
The nursing supervisor at the Metro South Medical Center said the students brought to the hospital were observed for any adverse effects from the fumes, were treated and released, the article stated.
Click here to read the complete article.