GARIBALDI HEIGHTS, BC — An outbreak of norovirus has been confirmed among the students and staff of Mamquam Elementary School who went on a field trip to Alice Lake, according to The Chief.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) environmental health officer Cynthia Watson confirmed that 41 students and staff were made sick by the virus, the article stated.
According to the article, Watson would not speculate on how the virus might have been contracted and transmitted, but did say that it likely had its origin with someone who went on the trip and was already sick.
"Whenever more than 10 percent of the student population is home due to illness, the Public Health office is contacted," said Principal Rose Mackenzie.
Click here to read the complete article.