Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Workers injured by acid

July 12, 2011

FORT GREENE, NY — A custodian and two sanitation workers were taken to Brooklyn Hospital yesterday after coming in to contact with an improperly discarded hazardous material, according to the Fort Greene-Clinton Heights Patch.

A fire official described the substance as hydrochloric acid, which can cause burns if exposed to the skin and respiratory distress if inhaled, the article stated.

According to the article, all three suffered minor burns and were taken to Brooklyn Hospital for treatment.

It is suspected that the acid came from one of Brooklyn Technical High School''s classrooms, the article noted.

Click here to read the complete article.