Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Window washer electrocuted

March 30, 2011

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA — A window washer was electrocuted Tuesday when he accidentally touched overhead power lines with a metal pole, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The man, who was washing the windows of a medical office building, was using a brush on a long extension pole with a water hose attachment, the article noted.

According to the article, the pole came in to contact with the power lines overhead while the man was trying to work around a tree.

"It immediately electrocuted and killed him on the spot," said Jeff Lopez, deputy fire marshal for the Huntington Beach Fire Department.

As a precaution, the building was evacuated for a time and authorities cut off power to the surrounding area, the article stated.

Click here to read the complete article.