Waterless release 5.19
Doing Right by Water
Water Consumption Reduced in the U.S.
Vista, CA - As the world continues to face water challenges there is actually some good news about water in the U.S., says Klaus Reichardt, CEO of Waterless® Co., Inc., manufacturers of waterless urinal systems and other restroom products. "New evidence suggests water use has been scaled back and in some cases, significantly in recent years."
Reichardt''s conclusion is based on a new book, "The Big Thirst," authored by Charles Fishman.
A writer for Fast Company magazine, Fishman''s previous book, "The Wal-Mart Effect," was honored with the Financial Times'' "Best Business Book of 2006" award.
According to Reichardt, the new book discloses many examples of reduced water consumption, most of which have received little notice or fanfare.
· U.S. farmers use 15 percent less water today than 30 years ago, yet grow 70 percent more food.
· Power plants use less water than 30 years ago while generating more electricity.
· An I.B.M. semiconductor plant in Vermont has cut water use by 29 percent over 10 years while increasing production 33 percent.
· Twenty-five years ago, Orange County, FL, where Orlando is located, mandated that all new facilities use purified wastewater for landscaping and related uses; today, the county has doubled in size, but has only had to slightly increase the amount of potable (drinkable) water it provides customers.
· In Las Vegas, 94 percent of all water is recycled for drinking and fresh water use has fallen 108 gallons per person in the past two years.
"Probably the biggest news is that the U.S. now uses less water today than in 1980 even though the population has increased and our economy has doubled," says Reichardt. "Much of it is not due to government regulation, but private industry, stepping up to the plate and developing more innovative technologies to reduce water consumption."
Available for Presentations on Water Conservation:
Klaus Reichardt is founder and CEO of Waterless®, Co., Inc., manufacturer of No-Flush Urinals, Vista, Calif. Reichardt founded the company in 1991 with the goal to establish a new market segment in the plumbing fixture industry with water conservation in mind. Reichardt is a frequent writer and presenter, discussing water conservation issues. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waterless® Co. LLC. has established a reputation as an innovative manufacturer, serving the building, plumbing, and janitorial industry for over 20 years. Based in Vista, Ca, Waterless Co. offers quality, innovation and expertise in water conservation and high efficiency products for building owners with a full line of Waterless No-Flush urinals, cleaning liquids, and cost saving accessories. Visit: www.waterless.com