University sits on mold discovery
GLASSBORO, NJ — Rowan University officials failed to come forward about a report that mold was found in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems of 109 of 113 student townhouses, according to the Gloucester County Times.
A longtime Rowan environmental consultant found that mold had returned to a unit he had previous cleaned and inspected, the article stated.
According to the article, the report cited "heavy to excessive" mold in 70 percent of the units.
While there may be no reason for panic or immediate health danger, all residential students and their parents should have been briefed on the issue long before Ed Knorr of Quality Environmental Concepts provided his report to media outlets, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.