There Is A Trade Show In Your Future
Now that summer is officially here and people are planning grand vacations, quaint staycations and everything in between, it is time to begin thinking about the autumn trade show lineup.
Trade shows, like other industry events, are a great way to break up the day-to-day grind in which we often immerse ourselves and help with motivation and idea generation.
Moreover, trade shows are spectacular networking and educational events.
There are few other places one can go and be surrounded by likeminded individuals looking to share tricks of the trade and expand their JanSan horizon.
There is a mixture of paid and no-cost trade shows and, if it is in your travel budget, the expense can easily be justified.
The return on investment of a trade show or other industry event — in terms of fresh ideas, new contacts and continued education — can be tenfold the initial investment.
You Are Cordially Invited
I encourage you to check out the following events — in no particular order — that could prove beneficial on many levels:
- ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America– "The one show for the cleaning industry" will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center October 18-21, 2011.
- CONNECTIONS Convention & Trade Show– This event, geared toward carpet cleaning and disaster restoration professionals, can be experienced at the Las Vegas Hilton September 7-10, 2011.
- Greenbuild International Conference and Expo– Dedicated to promoting sustainable building design, this event will occur at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre October 4-7, 2011.
- Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI) Annual Convention– This event, focused on contract cleaning, is co-located with ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America at the Bellagio and the Las Vegas Convention Center October 20-22, 2011.
- International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) Annual Conference and Convention– Held in conjunction with ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America, this event, aimed at in-house cleaning professionals, will be at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino October 16-21, 2011.
- Facility Decisions Conference & Expo– Intended for facilities managers, this event will take place at the Mirage Events Center October 11-12, 2011.
However, for the sake of brevity, I chose the aforementioned occurrences for their mass appeal and broad reach over numerous JanSan market segments.
Send comments or thoughts on this topic or any other article that appears in CM/Cleaning & Maintenance Management magazine, to ABaunee@NTPMedia.com.