Safe, healthy and clean pool mats
FREMONT, OH — With summer here, schools, hotels, park and recreation facilities and other properties will be opening their pools for the season, according to a press release.
Most managers know there are several steps they must take to make sure the pool is safe, clean and ready for users; but, often forgotten is the care necessary to make sure the mats, typically known as "barefoot mats," placed around the pool are clean, safe and ready for use, the release stated.
According to the release, when it’s time to reinstall the mats, adhere to the following:
• Clean the surface below the mat first, which may be accomplished by sweeping or pressure hosing the area
• Inspect the mat and look for tears or worn areas, which might indicate a replacement mat is needed
• Clean the mat using a hose or pressure wash system
• If soiled, the mat can be cleaned with a deck brush and a mild sanitizer and thoroughly rinsed after cleaning
• If excessively soiled, the mat may need to be completely immersed in a water/degreaser solution, brushed and rinsed clean.
"When the pool is closed, barefoot mats should be stored inside, in a dry area. This protects them from the elements and helps prolong their lifespan," JoAnne Boston, business development manager for Crown Mats and Matting, added.
Click here to read the complete release.