Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Pressure cleaner survives chemical explosion

November 5, 2009
ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL — The owner of a pressure cleaning company was injured yesterday after a chemical explosion, according to WPBF-TV.
Around 11 a.m., the owner of Kevin''s Pressure Cleaning LLC was mixing chemicals in a 5-gallon bucket when a reaction occurred and caused minor injuries, the story stated.
It is possible the injured man was smoking at the time of the incident, the story noted.
Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue District Chief Robin Herring said: "We don''t know whether the chemicals mixed caused the reaction or [if] the actual fumes from the chemical, plus the smoking [caused the reaction.]"
The man, who suffered chemical burns to his chest and a laceration to his cheek, was taken to Palms West Hospital, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.