Perkins paper release 3.18
Perkins Paper, Inc. Announces Partnership with EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Program
Taunton, MA Perkins today announced a fundamental commitment to protect the environment by becoming an ENERGY STAR Partner. Through its voluntary partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Perkins will work to improve energy efficiency and fight global warming. Perkins believes that a strategic, corporate energy management program will help enhance its financial health and aid in preserving the environment for future generations.
Our People Deliver More®
In partnership with ENERGY STAR, Perkins will:
• Measure and track the energy performance of its organization’s facilities where possible by using tools such as those offered through ENERGY STAR;
• Develop and implement a plan consistent with the ENERGY STAR Energy Management Guidelines to achieve energy savings;
• Help spread the word about the importance of energy efficiency to its staff and community;
• Support the ENERGY STAR Challenge, a national call-to-action to help improve the energy efficiency of America’s commercial and industrial buildings by 10 percent or more;
• Highlight its achievements with recognition offered through ENERGY STAR.
"ENERGY STAR partners such as Perkins are leading the fight against global warming by improving the efficiency of their buildings and facilities," said Jean Lupinacci, chief of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial branch. "We applaud these efforts to help protect our global environment for generations to come."
ENERGY STAR was introduced by EPA in 1992 as a voluntary, market-based partnership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency. Today, the ENERGY STAR label can be found on more than 60 different kinds of products, new homes, and commercial and industrial buildings. Products and buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR designation prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the government. Last year alone, Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR, saved about $19 billion on their energy bills while reducing the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those of 29 million vehicles.
For more information about ENERGY STAR, visit www.energystar.gov or call toll-free 1-888-STAR-YES.
Perkins was founded in 1915 and is a family owned, full-service, broad line distributor servicing virtually all of New England, New York and some points south to the mid-Atlantic. The 15,000-item product portfolio is comprised of food service products, disposables, bakery food products, specialty Italian foods, selected grocery items, janitorial and sanitation products, and food service equipment and supplies.