MRSA exposure closes school
SAN DIEGO — On Friday, a private school was closed in order to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after students might have been exposed to a deadly bacteria, according to KGTV-TV.
Cathedral Catholic High School officials were notified on Thursday of a possible case of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in one of the students, the article stated.
"We feel that we are best serving the interests and well-being of our students, families and employees by taking this precaution. The campus will remain closed to all students, faculty, staff and parents until school resumes Monday morning," said school President Stevan R. Laaperi in a letter to parents.
According to the article, in addition to classes, all weekend on-campus athletic and drama activities were canceled.
Click here to read the complete article.