Monday's Ask the Experts: Converting to green
January 20, 2009
Educate yourself, then move slowly and with a written plan. To assist you here are some resources that can provide you with more details on the process:
1) www.greenhotels.com Information on applying green processes to the hospitality industry.
Information on Green Seal Approved Cleaning (GS-42) & Chemicals (GS-37) Standards, they also have a report on Green Floor Care.
3) www.usgbc.org Information on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification program.
4) www.epa.gov Information on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), mold and green issues.
5) www.carpet-rug.org Information on green carpet cleaning, and the CRI''s Green Label and Seal of Approval testing program for vacuum cleaners and carpet spotters and cleaning chemicals/equipment.
6) www.epa.gov/iaq/schools/asthma/eat-cumcm.htm Informative site on IAQ, mold and green issues in schools.
Information on green school programs
Information on the Green Restaurant Association''s certification program, services and publications... — Bill Griffin, President