Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Janitors suffer smoke inhalation from science room burner

March 4, 2010

PLAIN TOWNSHIP, OH — Two janitors were treated for smoke inhalation after discovering a burner that had been left on in a science room at GlenOak High School, according to The Repository.

According to the story, smoke detectors were also set off, causing the custodians to enter the room with fire extinguishers to determine the source of the smoke.

There was minimal damage caused by the burner, and the building was not fully occupied at the time, the story stated.

Plain Fire Department Investigator Troy Slabaugh said: "All of the occupants got out of the building correctly and very timely. The school did a really good job of getting everybody out."
One custodian was treated at an area hospital while another was able to receive treatment from paramedics at the scene, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.