Inspector failed to detect mold
May 18, 2009
PORT NECHES, TX — Two homeowners are suing a mold inspector for failing to identify potentially harmful mold damage in the home they recently purchased, according to the Southeast Texas Record.
Cole and Latisha Landry filed a lawsuit May 12 in Jefferson County District Court against Louis Ashy, who works for a professional home inspection company called Pillar to Post, the story stated.
According to the suit, [Ashy] was to inspect the property and indicate the items in need of repair or not functioning and report on those applicable items, which he did not do.
Ashy failed to detect concentrations of Penicillium and Aspergillus mold growing on the home''s HVAC unit and in a bedroom, the story noted.
According to the story, after finding the mold, the Landrys hired an environmental consulting and testing professional and learned that concentrations of various molds were identified in air samples.
The homeowners are seeking $50,000 in damages and attorney''s fees in the suit, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.