Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Hill & Markes release 7.18

July 18, 2011

At 106 years old, Hill & Markes Inc Moves to a New Building July 15, 2011

After 7 years of consideration and 3 years of planning, Hill & Markes Inc, wholesale distributor in Amsterdam, New York will be moving to their brand new facility on Route 5S in the Town of Florida on Friday, July 15, 2011. The 130,000 square foot Green facility will house the entire operation of warehousing and offices for the company.

In creating this building, the most important considerations were:
• An environmentally friendly facility. There will be an application for LEED Certification.
• State of the Art Technology. New computer systems as well as efficiencies in lighting and heating the building are being implemented with the move.
• Ability to train on site. A training room that will allow hands on training for staff and customers for products is a featured highlight of the building.
• Appropriate space. Warehouse operations are in an efficient state of the art location, eliminating multiple warehouse sites. Offices will allow for meeting space and expansion of the number of employees who can comfortably work in the building.

Working closely with Malone and Tate Builders Inc, Stracher, Roth and Gilmore, Architects, Rovetto Design Group and MH Professional Engineering, PLLC, Commissioning Authority and LEED Consultant the project has always focused on creating a healthy environment for employees and visitors.

Hill & Markes Inc services the State of New York and Vermont with its own fleet of trucks. Product categories include: Food Service, Janitorial Products, Industrial Packaging and Office Supplies. Employing 170 employees throughout the state the company’s focus is on quality products; fair pricing and outstanding service as well as product training. Over the years, the company has been recognized by industry, community and peers as an exceptional business.

Family owned and operated, the company was founded in 1906 by Amos Hill & Charlie Markes. Harriet and Harry Finkle purchased the business in 1947. In the 1970’s the next generation Neal Packer C.OO, Andrea Finkle Packer, Vice President of Marketing, Jeffrey Finkle, President joined the company. In 2009, a third generation member Jason Packer, Business Development joined the company.