Diversey release 8.8
Diversey Releases Annual Global Responsibility Report
Company Reports on Environmental, Social and Customer-focused Sustainability Performance
STURTEVANT, Wis. – Diversey, Inc. reported improvements across key environmental metrics in 2010 and highlighted performance in social and customer-focused initiatives in its annual Global Responsibility Report, released today in both print and online editions.
The company’s annual report summarizes Diversey’s accomplishments across six sustainability focus areas: operations, customers, communities, workforce, partners and governance.
“We continue to make significant progress toward incorporating sustainable practices into all areas of our business,” said Diversey President and CEO Ed Lonergan. “This report shows the passion and commitment of our employees to provide a cleaner, healthier future for the world while helping our customers do the same.”
Significant milestones highlighted in the Global Responsibility Report include:
• Sponsorship of a Climate Change Summit, bringing together some of the industry’s leading businesses to address climate change and mitigate its risks;
• The first installation in the Upper Midwestern United States of a combined heat and power fuel cell, providing 40 percent of the power and 80 percent of the heat necessary for its 278,000 square-foot global headquarters building in Sturtevant, Wisconsin;
• Performance improvements against four key environmental measures, including an 8 percent reduction in net water consumption, a 4 percent reduction in total water consumption and a small decrease in total energy;
• Introduction of innovative solutions that improve cleaning and hygiene processes for customers to achieve superior results while improving overall sustainability; and
• Leadership of the Bottle School Project, a groundbreaking initiative in the Philippines that addresses a pressing shortage of school buildings by using discarded plastic soda bottles to build efficient schools.
The report is global in scope, covering all Diversey business units around the world. The Global Responsibility Report content is tracked against the Global Reporting Initiative, a widely accepted standard of sustainability reporting.
An interactive Web site featuring content from the report can be found at http://www.diversey.com/2010grr.
Diversey, Inc. is committed to a cleaner, healthier future. Its products, systems and expertise make food, drink and facilities safer and more hygienic for consumers and for building occupants. With sales into more than 175 countries, Diversey is a leading global provider of commercial cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions. The company serves customers in the building management, lodging, food service, retail, health care, and food and beverage sectors. Diversey is headquartered in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, USA. To learn more, visit www.diversey.com.