CRI release 2.8
February 8, 2011
CRI Seal of Approval (SOA) Program Continues Expansion
SOA Adds Seven Vacuums, Five Solutions
DALTON GA - Seven new vacuum cleaners and five cleaning solutions have been recently certified under CRI''s Seal of Approval (SOA) testing program for carpet cleaning equipment and products.
Seven Vacuum Cleaners
The Carpet and Rug Institute’s (CRI) Seal of Approval (SOA) program for vacuum cleaners validates performance in soil removal, indoor air quality protection and reduced carpet wear. Vacuum cleaners meeting CRI’s Performance Metrics now include:
• Oreck models U3800 HH Element and U4200H2 XL at the Silver level, and FC 1000 and U7050 ECB Gold 2.0 at the Bronze level.
• Hoover C1810-020 Conquest 18 and C1703-900 Windtunnel 13, and Royal MRY 6100 14 commercial upright models earned Silver certification.
CRI SOA solutions must clean effectively without harming fibers or leaving residue.
• SOA newcomer Cul-Mac Industries of Wayne, Michigan received approval for three solutions: Tech Group Premium Carpet Cleaner, Tech Group Spot and Stain, and Tech Group Pre-Spotter.
• The Ace Hardware Corp of Oak Brook, Illinois added its Ace 6-in-1 Carpet Cleaner to the SOA list.
• The Do It Best Corp, also of Oak Brook, Illinois, earned approval for their Premium Plus Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner.
Since its inception, the SOA program has been responsible for increasing the amount of soil removed from carpet, and thus the efficacy and productivity of cleaning operations, by a significant margin.
For more information, contact Pat Jennings at 706.428.2123 or email@example.com. To find a complete list of SOA-approved products, visit:
The Carpet and Rug Institute, headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, is the national trade association for the carpet and rug industry. Its members are manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers, representing over 90% of all carpet produced in the United States. CRI is the source for science-based information and insight into how carpet and rugs can create a better environment — for living, working, learning and healing.