Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online

Cleaning chemical fumes sicken two workers

August 25, 2009
CHICAGO — Two cleaning women were taken to the hospital after they were overcome by fumes from mixing bleach and chlorine in the locker room of the Avenue Care Center nursing home, according to STNG-TV.
The two women were taken to Provident Hospital with respiratory irritation and are listed in fair condition, the story stated.
Chicago Fire Media Affairs spokesman Quention Curtis said the workers were using Linco bleach and Zap cleaning products, the story noted.
The nursing home was evacuated immediately following the incident and no residents of the four-story building were sickened, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.