GOJO Reveals New Hand Hygiene Technology Innovation at ISSA/INTERCLEAN
Public Relations Director
GOJO Industries, Inc.
Electronic hand hygiene compliance systems, dispenser personalization, PURELL® wipes engineering and progress made towards sustainability goals demonstrated during trade show conference
AKRON, Ohio, (November 19, 2013) – The ISSA/Interclean North America trade show was held November 18-21 in Las Vegas, Nev. GOJO Industries, the inventor of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings, shared its latest hand hygiene technology innovations to an audience of 16,000 attendees. Interactive presentations provided information on the GOJO SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions, GOJO dispenser personalization, PURELL® Hand Sanitizer wipes technology and sustainability progress.
SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions
GOJO is on the forefront of hand hygiene compliance with its launch of SMARTLINK™ Hand Hygiene Solutions earlier this year. Hospitals in the United States and across the world have installed the SMARTLINK system to measure and improve hand hygiene compliance. Demonstrations at ISSA/Interclean included:
· GOJO SMARTLINK™ Activity Monitoring System monitors and measures compliance on a community level providing real-time actionable data by floor, unit or room.
· GOJO SMARTLINK™ and RTLS Technology monitors and measures hand hygiene compliance at an individual level through Real-Time Locating System (RTLS)-enabled employee badges. System easily integrates with existing third-party RTLS systems.
· GOJO SMARTLINK™ Clinician-Based Supportprovides GOJO clinical team guides that become part of the hospital’s infection prevention team and provide customized implementation, on-site audits, setup, baseline measurements and detailed improvement plans
· SMARTWATCH™, allows users to automatically upload, visualize and analyze data from i-Scrub, a free application for Apple devices used to electronically collect observed hand hygiene events. The free web-based tool was developed by the University of Iowa Computational and Epidemiology department with support from GOJO.
GOJO Dispenser Personalization
The Dispenser Personalization Dispenser options GOJO unveiled at ISSA included a flexible messaging system, a semi-permanent message option and the ultimate dispenser customization design center that can be accessed at www.gojo.com/Dispenser-Personalization. For ISSA attendees, GOJO demonstrated how the dispenser personalization program can be presented to end userson mobile devices using augmented reality technology. The technology, downloaded onto an iPhone or iPad, is a blended view of virtual reality overlaid on a real world environment to enhance a user’s perception or generate greater comprehension. GOJO demonstratorsloaded the mobile app, placed a special target on a wall or over the existing dispenser and instantly, the NEW dispenser appeared virtually on the screen as though it were installed on the wall. This technology allows the end user to determine the dispenser that works best with their facilities décor and logo aesthetics. The technology is accessed through the GOJO® Dispensing Solutions App, available in the Apple App Store and an Android version will be available soon.
PURELL® Sanitizing Wipe Technology
GOJO introduced its high capacity PURELL wipe station at ISSA. The new PURELL Wipe station is an industry leader featuring a stand that holds 6,000 wipes, more than any other in the industry along with a revolutionary one wipe technology, that virtually eliminates roping, reducing retailer costs. In addition, the stand includes new patent-pending nozzle technology, with a re-wetting design ensuring consistent wipe saturation and 99.99% germ kill with every wipe.
PURELL Sanitizing Wipes, for safe hand sanitizing and effective surface cleaning were introduced for the first time at ISSA. The PURELL Sanitizing Wipes are effective against foodborne pathogens, safe for direct hand to food contact and durable and textured for effective surface cleaning. Similar to PURELL® Hand Sanitizer, PURELL® Sanitizing Wipes kill 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
GOJO Sustainability Progress
The GOJO Purpose—Saving Lives and Making Life Better through Well-Being Solutions—drives the company’s commitment toward greater social, environmental and economic sustainability. It has created products, processes and programs that achieve results for all three domains.
Nicole Koharik, Global Sustainability Marketing Director explained how Sustainable Ways of Working (SWOWSM) is integrated into daily work at GOJO,“Since 2011, SWOW has helped us put this commitment into everything we do—from our green chemistry practices, material selection and product design to the ways these products are produced.”
A recent example of SWOW thinking is the innovative new GOJO® LTX™ Dispensing System, a state-of-the-art touch-free system that delivers sustainable value in support of customers’ sustainability goals in numerous ways, including:
· Dispenser design through Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), a “cradle to grave” approach to making sustainable design decisions that enhance the sustainability profile of our products from material selection to end-of-life recyclability
· Smart electronics engineered to optimize energy efficiency and extend battery life, eliminating the need to change batteries during the life of the dispenser in most installations
· Source reduction through sealed PET refill bottles that use 30 percent less material than traditional HDPE bottles and recycle easily, preserving resources without compromise to the bottles’ integrity and durability
· A complete portfolio of high performing soaps and sanitizers that are green certified by EcoLogo, North America’s most respected third-party environmental standard and certified mark, and the USDA BioPreferredSM .
GOJO Industries is the inventor of PURELL® Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer and the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings. The broad GOJO product portfolio includes hand cleaning, handwashing, hand sanitizing and skin care formulas under the GOJO®, PURELL® and PROVON® brand names. GOJO formulations use the latest advances in the science of skin care and sustainability. GOJO is known for state-of-the-art dispensing technology, engineered with attention to design, sustainability and functionality. GOJO programs promote healthy behaviors for hand hygiene, skin care and compliance in critical environments. GOJO is a privately held corporation headquartered in Akron, Ohio, with offices in the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Japan and Brazil.