Top reasons to select a new matting system
HAMILTON, OH — Many building managers are unaware of just how important high-performance entry mats are to a building's overall health and appearance, according to a press release.
According to the release, to help managers better understand their importance and when new mats should be installed, Crown Mats and Matting has created the following list of reasons for installing a new matting system:
- No mats are currently installed. While this is increasingly rare, some facilities have no mats installed whatsoever. This can prove to be a serious health and safety risk for any facility.
- A slip-and-fall accident has occurred. If an accident occurs, the first thing insurance investigators typically look for is the presence of an effective matting system.
- Soil load issues. If surrounding floor and carpet areas are frequently soiled, it may be due to insufficient matting. The "Rule of 15" dictates that 15 feet of matting should be installed at all key building entries.
- Soil load increases. An obvious clue that a new or more effective matting system is needed is surrounding floors and carpets requiring more cleaning than usual.
- The mat's appearance has changed. New mats are needed when old mats looks frayed, are torn, or are thinning.