Cleaning & Maintenance Management Online
CM e-News Daily

Janitor suing city

August 29, 2013

DUNDEE, UK — A Dundee school janitor is suing the city after he was hospitalized when he came in contact with a gas leak, according to The Courier.

Last year, Duncan Fraser, a janitor at Craigie High, collapsed after he was exposed to ammonia from a corroded fridge, the article stated.

According to the article, Fraser now claims that he suffers from post-traumatic stress and often has difficulty breathing.

"I have had to go see a specialist and he reckons I have reactive airways dysfunction syndrome. I can't walk so far and it's quite hard to get a breath"” said Fraser.

"It can be very debilitating. I am tired all the time and I have difficulty sleeping. I have also been to see another doctor who said I have been suffering from post-traumatic stress. It was a scary time — I thought I was dying in that corridor," Fraser added.

"Any employee has the right to expect their employers to provide a reasonably safe working environment and that clearly did not happen in this case, and resulted in the injuries sustained by Mr. Fraser," said a spokesman for Fraser’s attorneys.

Click here to read the article in its entirety.