Helping BSCs become successful marketers
CHICAGO — Summers are traditionally the most active time of year for building service contractors (BSCs) looking for new clients, according to a press release.
However, BSCs trying to build new business need to know that many office and facility managers now look at more than just prices and services offered when considering a new BSC, the release stated.
As part of their Summer Like and Learn Campaign, this month’s “Tornado Business-of-the-Business” is all about value propositions, which are essentially the benefits the customer will see if they select your service, the release noted.
According to the release, the following are commonly used (but weak) value propositions:
- We are the best when it comes to saving you money
- Customers tell us worker absenteeism has gone down since we started cleaning their offices
- Our staff is well trained.
These statements lack punch, and should be replaced with strong value propositions similar to the following:
- Here is an example how one of our clients saved $10,000 a year since we took over their cleaning responsibilities
- At one office, they have had a 20 percent drop in absenteeism since we started cleaning their office
- All our workers are CIMS certified (or GS-42 Certified), meaning they have passed a state-of-the-art, best practices training program that helps them clean more effectively and efficiently.
Click here to read the release in its entirety.