Many cleaning professionals visit the International Custodial Advisers Network (ICAN) Ask the Experts page for insight and, every business day, we deliver advice to better help you perform your job.
We are searching for an air freshener having the below requirements:
1. Has any Environmentally Friendly Certificate, i.e. LEED or equivalent
2. Refill must be non-aerosol and contain the vapor system
3. Refill should be in various neutral fragrances
4. All ingredients used in refills should be biodegradable
5. Dispenser should be adjustable to 30-90 days
6. Dispenser must have a fully automatic odor control system to provide fragrances continuously
7. Digitally programmable dispenser made of polypropylene with battery refill information
8. Dispenser should be elegant and suitable for offices, restrooms, and hallways.
Tuesday’s Answer:We try to respond quickly, but cannot guarantee it is fast enough to meet any deadlines you may have.
However, you must do the research on this one personally.
Go to the Internet search engine of your choice (Google, Bing, etc.) and enter “biodegradable air freshener”. Then, look at the manufacturers’ websites for the specs you desire.
Once you find what you are looking for, get the contact information for the local distributor.
There appear to be many air freshening devices on the market and some will meet your criteria.
You didn’t mention why you are looking for such a system.
Obviously, it is to place some odor into the air to cover or mask an unpleasant odor, but what that undesirable odor is, or more importantly, what the source is … - Lynn E. Krafft, ICAN/ATEX editor
To read this response in its entirety, click here.