Many cleaning professionals visit the International Custodial Advisers Network (ICAN) Ask the Experts page for insight and, every business day, we deliver advice to better help you perform your job.
Friday’s Answer:There isn't any!
- How many coats are you going to have to remove?
- How long will that take?
- What equipment in the form of wet vacs and rotary scrubbers will you use?
- What finish will you apply?
- What does it cost per gallon?
- How many sq. ft. will a gallon cover?
- How are you applying the finish, mop or applicator?
- How long will curing each coat take? What is the airflow in the space?
- How many people are you using for the task?
- How close is a water supply?
- Do you know any of this up front so you can tell us?
You should have developed a fairly standard charge for this sort of work, so that you can do do some brief math and answer your own question with reasonable … - Lynn E. Krafft, ICAN/ATEX editor
To read this response in its entirety, click here.