Using air dryers effectively
FORT WORTH, TX — While we often think of using air dryers, also known as air movers or blowers, after carpet cleaning, they can be essential after performing floor care tasks as well, according to a press release.
Most importantly, this equipment helps ensure floors dry thoroughly and evenly so they can be returned to use as quickly and safely as possible, the release stated.
According to the release, it is important to know how to use air dryers properly, and this month's Powr-Flite Floor Care Troubleshooter provides the following tips:
- Make sure the work area is properly ventilated, as proper air circulation throughout the area is necessary for air dryers to work effectively
- The air dryer should blow over the floor and not on the floor, so place the machine at a 45-degree angle to the floor
- Install air dryers every 12 to 16 feet
- Oddly shaped rooms may need more air dryers than square or rectangular rooms, so plan accordingly
- Place an air dryer in all corners of the room.
To continue reading these tips, click here.
"Some new generation air dryers are exceptionally durable. These systems tend to be 'roughed up' on the job, but with proper care and storage they should provide literally years of service," said Mike Englund, a cleaning instructor and product manager for Powr-Flite.
Click here to read the release in its entirety.