US Products release 1.23
Caring for Carpet Tiles
MUKILTEO, WA — Carpet tiles first became a significant product in the U.S. floor covering industry during the mid-1950s and by the 1970s, they were being installed much more extensively in both residential and commercial settings.
The key benefits of carpet tiles include:
- Relatively low purchase and installation costs compared to other types of floor coverings
- Sustainability (today’s carpet tiles are often made of recycled materials, even recycled plastic bottles)
- Ease of removal and replacement. If an area becomes excessively soiled or worn, one or more tiles can simply be removed and replaced
However, carpet tiles do require some special care. Because of this, U.S. Products, a leading manufacturer of professional carpet cleaning equipment, offers the following tips to help cleaning professionals care for peel-and-stick, glued, and similar types of carpet tiles so that they can provide years of quality service:
- Regular effective vacuuming is essential. Vacuuming removes soils and also helps to reduce the “flattening” of tiles, which can be an issue.
- Spills should be cleaned quickly. First blot the area with a clean, white cloth; semi-solid spills should be scraped up before blotting.
- Spots should be removed as soon as they are noticed; many of the spotting products used to remove spots from conventional carpets can also be used on carpet tiles. As with all carpets, hot-water extraction is required periodically to deep clean carpet tiles.
“Cleaning professionals have to take some precautions when cleaning carpet tiles,” says Mark Baxter, Engineer and Product Manager for U.S. Products. “Avoid [using] too much moisture during cleaning, use solvent spotters sparingly, and if using a rotary extraction tool, make sure the carpet remains lubricated with cleaning solution during use.”
Visit us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/usproductsequipment
About U.S. Products
U.S. Products is a leading manufacturer of carpet, upholstery, drapery, stone, concrete, & tile cleaning and restoration equipment, tools and chemicals for the floor care professional. In manufacturing, quality, reliability and innovation are words that are frequently advertised. At U.S. Products, we have the track record to demonstrate we have put them into action.