AFFLINK release 1.14
AFFLINK Notes Emerging Distributor and Supply Chain Trends for 2013
TUSCALOOSA, AL — AFFLINK has just released its jansan distributor predictions for 2013.
AFFLINK is a leading sales and marketing organization for the professional cleaning and building industries and developers of the Web-based eLev8™ process to foster consultative selling.*
According to Michael Wilson, Marketing Director for AFFLINK, the predictions focus on emerging trends that the company believes will impact professionals in both the cleaning and building industries.
“Many of the trends will benefit [jansan] distributors and their customers,” says Wilson. “It may require some distributors to make changes, especially in their sales processes, but [these changes] are likely to enhance distributor-client relationships, provide cost savings to end customers, and build customer loyalty.”
Among the trends Wilson sees evolving include the following:
• While there are many variables that could impact the economy, for the most part, things seem to be trending in a more positive direction “and we expect that to continue in 2013.”
• Technology will play a larger role in the entire sales process. “There are simply too many products and too many things distributors must know today to effectively serve their clients without it.”
• Distributors will become “solution providers,” using technology along with such sales processes as consultative selling to better pinpoint their clients’ cleaning and building-related needs.
• End-customer engagement will increase. Due to the recession, tighter budgets, and the goal of operating facilities in a Greener, more sustainable manner, end-customers will want more information and more transparency about the products used in their facilities.
• Contrary to some beliefs, personal interactions between distributors and end-customers will grow, not lessen, in importance in 2013; in fact the customer will expect this.
“We also see more distributorships analyzing their entire selling process,” says Wilson. “There will be much greater focus in 2013 on finding new ways to improve sales force effectiveness.”
* Consultative selling describes a selling process in which the distributor becomes an expert consultant for his/her customer, asking a variety of questions to determine the customers’ true needs.
Afflink is now on Facebook. Visit us at: http://www.facebook.com/AFFLINK
Photos: eLev8 system
AFFLINK (www.afflink.com) is the global leader in supply chain optimization, providing clients with innovative process and procurement solutions to drive efficiencies in today’s leading businesses. The eLev8 system helps organizations uncover never-before-seen opportunities and quantify their value to enhance their overall image, promote a healthy workplace, decrease total costs, increase productivity, and satisfy Green and sustainable objectives.