CFR releases the 11 Commandments of Green Carpet Care
CHICAGO — CFR Corporation, a leading manufacturer of recycling carpet extractors, has just released the "11 Commandments of Green Carpet Care," according to a press release.
The commandments are designed to help make carpet care greener and healthier for cleaning professionals, carpet cleaning technicians, building users and the environment, the release stated.
"The professional carpet cleaning industry has not jumped on the green bandwagon as completely as the JanSan industry. But, the carpet cleaning industry is getting greener and, as it does, these 'commandments' are designed to help clarify what it is all about," said Doug Berjer, product manager for CFR.
According to the release, the commandments include:
- Vacuum frequently and thoroughly. As carpets become soiled, they can attract more soil, negatively impacting indoor environments.
- Always use HEPA or high-filtration vacuum cleaners.
- Select green cleaning agents and spotters whenever possible.
- Remove spots as soon as they are noticed, as spots can attract more soiling.
- Clean carpets when needed and not on a set schedule to save energy, water and chemical usage.