Tornado release 10.25
Ten Vacuum Cleaner Safety Tips
West Chicago, IL — Because cleaning professionals use vacuum cleaners every day to perform their cleaning tasks, it is not uncommon for them to take their machines for granted from time to time.
However, we must always remember that vacuum cleaners are complicated machines that must be cared for properly.
Knowing how to properly use your vacuum cleaner will help it last longer, improve worker productivity, and make vacuuming a lot safer.
Because of this, Tornado Industries, a leading manufacturer of professional vacuum cleaners and other cleaning equipment, offers the following tips on safe and proper handling of vacuum cleaners:
1. When not in use, unplug the vacuum cleaner from the wall outlet. This protects the cord and plug and helps prevent accidents.
2. Most commercial vacuum cleaners are not intended for outdoor use. Store and use them only indoors.
3. Never vacuum a wet surface. This can damage the motor(s) and puts the user at risk for electrical shock. If a machine has been exposed to moisture, have it checked by a certified technician before use.
4. Never drop a vacuum cleaner. If a machine is accidentally dropped, have it checked by a certified technician before using it again.
5. Never pull a vacuum cleaner by its cord, and keep the cord away from sharp edges or corners.
6. Keep fingers away from all powered moving vacuum cleaner parts.
7. Keep vacuum cleaners away from children.
8. Do not clean up toxic or flammable materials with a vacuum cleaner; if you are unsure about what a substance is or if it looks unusual, investigate carefully before vacuuming the area.
9. Do not pick up hard or sharp objects, including glass, nails, screws, coins, etc., with the machine.
10. Lastly, always store vacuum cleaners in a cool, dry location.
“Take a few minutes to check your vacuum cleaner on a regular basis,” says Jolynn Kennedy, Marketing Director with Tornado Industries.
“This can help make sure any potential problems are spotted before they become serious…possibly preventing a lot of down time and costs to fix them.”
Visit us on Facebook at: http://tiny.cc/sq5ql
Available For Interviews And Industry Commentary:
Tornado Industries President Michael Schaffer is available for interviews and industry commentary by calling (630) 818-1300
About Tornado a Tacony Company
Tornado Industries has been engineering quality cleaning equipment for more than 80 years. The company has a long history of developing innovative products and applying the latest technology to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve safety. Tornado prides itself on always being on the cutting edge of cleaning solutions.