Race to be King of the Thrones down to the wire
CINCINNATI — A Texas convenience store chain, whose cartoony mascot is a bucktoothed beaver wearing a baseball cap, is all business in its quest to capture the crown in the 2012 America's Best Restroom contest from Cintas, according to a press release.
"Buc-ee's came out of the gate strong, but with a month left to vote, this is still anyone's game," said John Engel, Sr., marketing manager for Cintas.
"This year's frontrunners have been steadily closing in on Buc-ee's lead as fans have stepped up in these last few weeks of online voting to show support for their favorite finalist," Engel added.
Buc-ee's enjoyed a comfortable advantage during the first month of voting, but momentum is shifting as the contest enters the home stretch, with two contestants from the East Coast and Midwest, Mie N Yu Restaurant in Washington, and Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago, challenging that lead, while the remaining seven finalists are not far behind, the release stated.
According to the release, the complete field of finalists includes:
- Buc-ee,s, New Braunfels, Texas
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano, New York
- Gitane Restaurant, San Francisco, California
- Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia
- Liberty Market, Gilbert, Arizona
- Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago
- Vanity Nightclub, Las Vegas
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The public can vote for their top pick online through October 26 at www.BestRestroom.com, the release noted.
Click here to read the complete release.
What restroom would get your vote and why?