NORTON, MA — A Norton High School generator overheated Tuesday, causing it to fill a custodian''s area with smoke, but the incident did not delay the start of classes, according to The Sun Chronicle.
Firefighters responded to the school around 6:30 a.m. and cleared the smoke from the building, the article noted.
An investigation revealed that a backup generator had overheated while operating on its regular maintenance cycle, creating smoke before shutting down, the article stated.
According to the article, the incident delayed teachers from getting into the building for a few minutes but the rest of the school schedule began as normal.
Click here to read the complete article.