View Cart (0 items)
Top News

Norovirus nauseates hundreds at local eatery

August 08, 2012
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

HOLLAND, MI — Some 200 patrons of a Mexican restaurant were infected with norovirus after dining last week, according to the Huffington Post.

The eatery, Margarita''s Restaurant, voluntarily closed after norovirus was discovered by the Ottawa County Health Department, the story stated.

In commenting about the hygiene of the establishment, sickened patron Lauren Mast said, "The food tasted really good — I didn''t think anything was wrong with the food. I''m not mad about it. I don''t blame it on them. They probably just forgot to wash their hands or something."

The restaurant remained closed through the weekend to allow for a thorough, deep cleaning of all surfaces to ensure eradication of the virulent stomach bug, the story noted.

Norovirus, which can be found in the stool and vomit of infected people, can be passed by touching contaminated surfaces, making proper and frequent handwashing important in curbing its spread, the story added.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.