View Cart (0 items)

Monday's Ask the Experts: Thickness testing device

May 03, 2010
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
Monday''s Ask the Experts question from a cleaning professional on the International Custodial Advisors Network (ICAN) "Ask the Experts" page: In the recent Green Floor Care Online Seminar, it was mentioned that thickness testing devices are available for testing the thickness of floor finish on vinyl composite tile (VCT) floors. I need more information on the testing device.
I have done a limited Internet search and do not find a testing device for this use. Can you help?
The answer:
These meters come out of the coating and paint industry and can be pricy, but I''m sure they will come down in the future, and there may be some less costly imports on the market now that I am not aware of.
One company sells a gloss meter for $1,200, but I paid $350 for one that looks exactly the same, so more searching may be needed.
I''ve also seen a mechanical thickness gauge that is relatively inexpensive, but I''m not sure of the source for it. I actually got it free at a trade show; again, it comes out of paint industry.
Here''s a link to one that I am aware of: — Bill Griffin, president of Cleaning Consultant Services Inc.
To read the rest of this response, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.