KETTERING, OH — A confirmed case of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), a potentially dangerous type of staph bacteria that is resistant to certain antibiotics and may cause skin and other infections, has surfaced at Kettering Middle School, according to the Dayton Daily News.
Kettering Principal Doug Cozad, upon learning of the case, alerted parents and guardians via telephone and sent home a letter explaining the causes and effects of MRSA and offered tips to keep students and the larger community safe and healthy, the story stated.
It remains unknown how the school learned of the infection, who was sickened by it and in what condition that individual is in, the story noted.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people can get MRSA through direct contact with an infected person or by sharing personal items, such as towels or razors that have touched infected skin.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.